- Notice to Mariners
- No comments
Construction work at Newton Basin
- Mariners are advised that construction work for a new marina at Newton is due to commence
- Land reclamation and associated construction works are due to commence on Monday 6th May 2019 and are expected to last until December 2019
- Dredging of the area is scheduled to start on Monday the 20th May 2019. The dredging will take place in vicinity of the following GPS coordinates:58° 12.190’N 006° 22.833’W
58° 12.313’N 006° 22.925’W
58° 12.240’N 006° 23.077’W
58° 12.230’N 006° 22.750’W
- Any vessels involved with the construction works will display lights and shapes in accordance with the Merchant Shipping (Distress Signals and Prevention of Collision) Regulations 1996 and a listening watch will be kept on VHF Marine Channels 12 & 16.
- Mariners are requested to contact Stornoway Harbour on VHF Channel 12.